I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, June 8, 2012

6.8.12

Acts 5:29 But Peter and the apostles replied, "We must obey God rather than and human authority."

My Thoughts
What freedom we have when we choose to make God happy instead of making people happy!  Have you ever had a decision to make ....and 10 people wanted you to made 10 different choices?  We have all felt that way!  Or sometimes there are just lots of choices that nobody is asking you to make...you just feel conflicted on which one to choose.  What I have learned since I learned to really follow God is this: If I stop and say "What would God want me to do?" my choices are narrowed down sometimes to only one choice...sometimes to just a few.  But they are always narrowed down.  Freeing my brain and my time....and freeing my thoughts after my decision. Keeping me from going over and over in my head "Did I do the right thing?" When I let God lead me...when I make decisions based on God's word and what the Holy Spirit is prompting me to do...that frees my mind to the point of peace. Peace is true freedom.

 I am not always good at it...so often I fall back on what I was use to...but each time that more of God's word drops from my head to my heart I get a little better... I have learned to know that God is happy with us when we move forward.... moving forward, no matter how small our steps are,  is progress!  God wants us to grow so that our lives will be better...God wants us to grow because He love us so much. God wants us to grow so we can be free!!

No comments: