I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, June 5, 2012

6.5.12

Psalm 127:2 It is vain for me to rise up early, to take rest late, to eat the bread of [anxious] toil -- for He gives [blessings] to His beloved in sleep.

My Thoughts
I thought I wonder what God does for us in our sleep....so I looked up the benefits of sleep... (http://longevity.about.com/od/lifelongenergy/tp/healthy_sleep.htm)  Sleep keeps your heart healthy, sleep may prevent cancer, sleep reduces stress, sleep reduces inflammation, sleep makes you more alert, sleep helps your memory, sleep may help you loose weight and naps make you smarter. These things are not a random consequence...these things are blessings from God. 

How often do you go to bed with something you are trying to solve on your mind and wake up with the solution?  I do this all the time.... I even find that if I pose a question before I go to sleep, God often gives me the answer...I wake up and it is there, the information I need, the solution to my problem.  It doesn't work if I go to bed worried...then I don't get sleep... I miss out on so many benefits of sleep... I miss out on the answer.

I wonder why we think worry helps solve a problem... it is like if we worry enough it will make things all better... we even know it doesn't!!  Not only do we loose the benefits of sleep, when we loose sleep over worry... we add these things to our live:

"Key features of worry are that it is repetitive and non-productive.

Worry can also have negative effects on both your body and your mind. It may cause physical problems such as an upset stomach, headaches, and muscle tension, researchers said.

Researchers say worrying affects our daily life so much that it interferes with the appetite, lifestyle habits, relationships, sleep, and job performance. Many people who worry excessively are so anxiety-ridden that they seek relief in harmful lifestyle habits such as overeating, cigarette smoking, or using alcohol and drugs."

Worry creates problems and stills our joy...and accomplishes nothing (learn from this Jeannie!!) Yet when we turn everything over to God he renews our body in rest making us better able to handle what comes our way... all the while sitting into motion the answers to our problems. God is always ahead of us making life better.  Often our problem is that we think we can handle things better than God can and we go about worrying things better!!.. We can be such silly human beings. 

God tells us here ... get some sleep... let me bless you in that sleep while I go about fixing your life! What do you need to give to God today...so that you can get some much needed sleep... sleep that God will bless in so many ways?

No comments: