I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, June 30, 2012

6.30.12

1 Peter 3:11 (Amplified Bible)  Let him turn away from wickedness and shun it, and let him do right. Let him search for peace (harmony; undisturbedness from fears, agitating passions, and moral conflicts) and seek it eagerly. [Do not merely desire peaceful relations with God, with your fellowmen, and with yourself, but pursue, go after them!]

My Thoughts
To be at peace with God and others we must love them... we must forgive them their mistakes... we must look for the good in the and overlook their mistakes.  Look at the last line here... it also includes us being peaceful with ourselves... and to be peaceful with ourselves we must love our-self, forgive ourselves our mistakes... look for and find the good in what we do!!  We must pursue harmony and peaceful relationships... we must pursue to love ourselves. Until we totally love ourselves... take time to see ourselves through God's eyes and know that we are worth loving we will have a hard time loving others. 

Love yourself today!!!... Look in that mirror and know that God loves you so much that He gave Jesus to die for you sins... that is how much God loves you... God forgives you.. He throws your mistakes, your sins as far as the east is from the west!!  Take time to notice the good things in yourself..that is what God sees!!!  He loves the good things in us... God nourishes the good!!.. When the devil tries to remind you of what you did wrong... just tell him "God forgave me and I forgive me... and here is a list of what I do right __________, _____________, ___________ and _____________! So just be on your Way!"

God is love.. pure loves comes straight from God!! God makes sure that we know in his word...right here that we are to pursue a peaceful relationship with ourselves!!  Try it!! It is live changing!!

No comments: