I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, June 27, 2012

6.27.12

1 Peter 3:1-5 In the same way, you wives must accept the authority of your husbands. Then, even if some refuse to obey the Good News, your godly lives will speak to them without any words. They will be won over by observing your pure and reverent lives. Don’t be concerned about the outward beauty of fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God. This is how the holy women of old made themselves beautiful. They trusted God and accepted the authority of their husbands.

My Thoughts
Verse 7 does go on to say... Husband treat your wives good... take care of them... it even says to be sure and be great husbands so your prayers will get through to heaven!!

I love how this verse tells us that we win people over by our actions... by being pure and reverent... it says you do what is right...you do what is good and your actions, your kindness, your love, your love of God will work... you don't need words to change people...there doesn't have to be screaming... or making your point... you just have to go about being loving!!  Think about it...when somebody loves you with all their heart...when they make you feel special just because you walk into a room...when you know that they love you and care about you...there is nothing that you wouldn't do for them!!  If we make our husbands feel like kings...if we love them with all our hearts...if we light up when they walk into a room... if we agree with them..everyone likes somebody to see their side!!  Then they will not be able to help themselves when we have a need or a want...they will want to make sure we are taken care of ...they will want to give us our hearts desire!!  If our face...our actions say to our spouse "Oh there you are!!..I am so excited you came into this room!! I am so glad that you are in my life!" It won't matter if you just woke up...or if you have spent 2 hours getting beautiful...that love in your eyes for him... that total love that comes from the deepest part of you will make you glow! Love makes everything glow!!  If I think about it...if somebody ask me to do something with that love in their eyes...I can't say no!...but if they ask me with selfishness or with that "you better do this for me" attitude I don't want to do it.  Love, pure love glows...it is sweet and understanding... it is unselfish...it wins the hearts of the toughest people...it has the power to move mountains.  Love honors God and is honored by God in our lives.

No comments: