I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, June 16, 2012

6.16.12

Psalms 145:15-16 My eyes wait for You [looking, watching, and expecting] and You give me food in due season.  You open Your hand and satisfy me with favor.

My Thoughts
We are so blessed in the US... most of us don't go hungry... I know, I know we have all see that billboard, and that commercial that says 1 in 6 Americans go hungry...I researched that!  It was breaking my heart... they leave out the 1 in 6 Americans "that live below the poverty level" go hungry. And it  is up to us to find a way to reach those people...But back to my point for today... We are so blessed in America... We are so blessed that we often forget to notice that God is watching over us and giving  us the food that we have to eat.  The only times I have ever been hungry is when I was so busy enjoying myself that I forgot to eat...then I just got me something to eat.  Why? Because God made sure that I had the means, and the food available.  We are so blessed that there is food enough to waste and most of us don't give it a second thought when we throw out something that didn't get eaten. As much as I pray and talk to God I often forget to tell Him "Thank You God" for my food. 

I remember going through Joshua House at the Holocaust Museum in Washington ...when you started out it showed a Jewish family in the kitchen, much like us today...talking and laughing... the radio was going in the background... they were ignoring the news... talking about the day's soccer game.. eating and laughing and talking.  As you went through  the Germans came and took them away later they lived in a dungeon of a place... torn, dirty clothes... one room to live in... and a turnip in a pot of water was all they had to eat... the kids were talking about being so hungry.  Did they remember to thank God when times were good?  Did they even realize that God had put everything they had to eat on that kitchen table by providing for them the jobs, the ability, the healthy crops?  I don't know. 

I do know that when we love God. When we remember God... when we live the kind of life that God ask us to... God provides for us.  So often God is still providing for us even when we going about our days and not giving God one single thought.  So often God provides for us because of the prayers of our parents or our grandparents. 

In the US today... so, so, so many of us are blessed with more than enough food on our tables.  We need to remember where those blessing came from...and we need to thank God that He loves us so much. Not just with our words... but with our actions.. our time... our resources... our money... we need to make sure to give back to God...by putting Him first.  When we love God and follow his commands... we live under the protections of God..in fact it tells us here that God is  waiting to open His hand and satisfy us with His favor.  Our part, and we always have a part.. is to put God first in our lives..and to do our very best to behave in a manner that is pleasing to Him.

No comments: