I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, June 12, 2012

6.12.12

Psalms 139:1-4
O Lord, you have examined my heart
and know everything about me.


You know when I sit down or stand up.
You know my thoughts even when I’m far away.


You see me when I travel
and when I rest at home.
You know everything I do.

You know what I am going to say
even before I say it, Lord



My Thoughts
Have you ever had a thought that you didn't want to share with God?... most of us have!!  The thing is... God already knows what we  have thought...in fact God knew we were going to think it before we even had the thought. When we learn to go to God with everything...every thought... when we learn to talk to him about our misspoken words... and bizarre thoughts... when we learn to go to God with our jealous thoughts... our unkind thoughts... God will help us get through them... God will help us sort them out... God will set our minds straight.  God already knows.. if we keep them to ourselves like we are hiding them...we are just robbing ourselves or clarity... of a way to sort things out...we are robbing ourselves of the wisdom of God in that situation.

God so often when I remember to tell him I am jealous or hurt tells me...."Oh Jeannie, silly girl this is how the meant what they said!" ...then my mind is all clear...and I can go back to happy thoughts. When I have a jealous moment and share it with God... God often tells me... "You don't need to be jealous of that... this is what I have given you along with the personality to enjoy what I have given you... you would not even be happy with that."  When I go to God with my thoughts... especially the ones  I want to keep hidden... God makes them all better... God gives me a new way to think. 

God already knows what I am going to think...He knew before it was even the thought in my head...He is just waiting there for me to turn to Him and say... God this was wrong please make it better.  The more I let God clear up my thoughts...the more clear my thoughts become from the beginning.  The more I go to God with everything.. the more I get better at being better.  

Today when you have one of those thoughts...the thoughts that you don't want to share with anybody...especially God... remember that God already knows.... share it with Him...then stop and listen to what He tells your heart... I know what you hear will make you feel better.. it will actually make you smile...and when you do.. say "Thank you God!"



No comments: