I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, June 24, 2012

6.24.12

2 Kings 6:21-22 When the king of Israel saw them, he shouted to Elisha, "My father, should I kill then? Should I kill them."   "Of course not!" Elisha replied. " Do we kill prisoners of war? Give them food and drink and sent them home again to their master."

My Thoughts
These men had come to kill Elisha... Elisha had ask God to strike them with blindness... so he to them to the King of Israel. Elisha had the power to order their death... to have anything done to them he wanted.  But Elisha, a man of God, had them treated fairly and sent them back home.

We are so often hurt by others... so often we are the ones who hurt others.  When others hurt us... we need to remember their actions are actions cause in a time of war.  The war the devil has waged against God and all his goodness.  When people do hurtful things... evil things... they have become ensnared by the devil himself.  We have been used by the devil for a second in time to tear down.  We need to realize when somebody else does hurtful things... the devil has taken them captive... maybe for just a brief moment in time... Instead of taking revenge we need to act in love... feed those people with hope and love and forgiveness and send them home again.  When we act in any other way we have just stepped into a trap set by the devil...and we have been caught...when we act in love...we have stepped right over that trap and won one more battle against the evil of Satin himself.

No comments: