I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, June 29, 2012

6.29.12

Proverbs 18:4 Wise words are like deep waters; wisdom flows from the wise like a bubbling brook.

My Thoughts
I love this... this is my third time through the Bible... each time I find more!!  It makes me think of the ocean... you look out at it... you see it's power... you see how vast it is.  Just looking at it is almost overwhelming when you stop to take it all in.  That is just the part you can see.  But if you go deep, deep into the ocean there is such peace... there is such beauty... it is calm underneath.. it is powerful underneath the ocean...but a calm power filled with peace and beauty beyond what we can even imagine.

The Bible as a book is like that... you look at it...there are so many pages... you know those pages are powerful... but just looking out on it you can feel overwhelmed.  But if we just pick it and explore its pages... seek after the wisdom found in the words... we become a part of its power...we are surrounded by its amazing strength and calmness...we are captured and entertained by its beauty... our lives become a part of the strength, the joy, the peace, the beauty... we just have to push forward past the surface to be captured up in its strength.

No comments: