I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, June 23, 2012

6.23.12

Psalms 141:3-4 Take control of what I say, O Lord, and guard my lips.  Don't let me drift toward evil or take part in acts of wickedness. Don't let me share in the delicacies of those who do wrong.

My Thoughts
David...who was considered by God to be a godly man... talked to God all the time... David needed God's help to control his mouth...so do we.  David need God's help so he would not drift toward evil  or take part in acts of wickedness... so do we.  David needed God's help so that he would not be tempted by the nice things of evil people...so do we!

I first noticed the part about God taking control of our words...but the more I read this verse I am drawn to the part about sharing in the delicacies of those who do wrong.  So often we are tempted by what others have, jealous of what they have to the point of putting what we plan to earn in the future on toys for today...just because somebody else has it.  We don't stop and think about how they got it or why they got it..we just want it too. And we want it now!! So instead of saving up for something we rush out and put tomorrow's money down ...without know what tomorrow holds.   God knows what tomorrow holds for us...and He will provide our needs.  But we need to be careful not to make arrogant assumptions about what the future holds for us... we need to wait and save so that we can do what God would have us do.... so that we are not stuck paying for yesterday's goodies to the point of not being able to do what God needs us to do today.  When we get caught up in wanting the delicacies of those who do wrong we loose site of what God wants for our future...and put ourselves in a place of bondage so that we are not free to step out when God ask us to. 

Do we want what God wants for our future? Or do we want to be like our  neighbor  when we have not even taken the time to count the cost?  God cares about the desires or our hearts...and God will make sure that we get some of those... we need to not jump ahead of God... God gives to us with freedom... The devil entices us so that we live in bondage.  Living in freedom is a much happier place to be!!

No comments: