I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, June 14, 2012

6.14.12

Proverbs 29:25 Fearing people is a dangerous trap, but trusting the Lord means safety.

My Thoughts
Have you ever did something  you knew you shouldn't because you were a little bit afraid of somebody?  I think that we all have!...I know that I have.  I am a people pleaser.  I can not stand confrontation... I fear somebody being angry at me more than I would fear a beating....and I would fear a beating!! 

But here is tells us that if we trust God we will be safe... God can turn some body's heart around.  If we choose to please God, to trust in God... God will protect us from what we fear.  The more I trust God, the more I choose to make God happy... to be a God pleaser instead of a people pleaser, the easier my life gets.  I am amazed every time that I choose to please God even if it might make somebody upset at me.  I find that I am protected... things do turn out fine.  I find I can say no without explanation.  A couple of times I have been asked to explain...in that way where you just had to say "I just don't feel like God wants me to do that."  Those are powerful words!!  I was careful to put it in a way that God would not want me to do it...and not say anything about what God would want them to do..after all I don't know what God's plans are for them.  I find that when I am pushed to the point of saying "I have to choose to please God." then people just accept my choice and leave me alone about it. 

Often times the fear of people...now what they will actually do is what gets us into trouble.  People will accept no much more often than we think.  And guess what?! They will love us anyway.  Often times they will respect us more because we took a stand and were not a push over.  Fear can be a powerful thing... but God...well God is stronger than anything we face!

God always wants the best for us! Always!!  We can never go wrong by choosing to please God over man...over fear.  We should never think we are missing out on something grand either... if we miss out on something because we choose to do what God would want... you better believe God will reward us with something even more special.  When we love somebody we love doing for them... God's love for us is greater than any love we have ever experienced ... imagine what He wants to do for us!!

No comments: