I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, June 13, 2012

6.13.12

Proverbs 25:11 A word fitly spoken and in due season is like apples of gold in settings of silver.

My Thoughts
Just think what a treasure an apple of gold would be... Imagine an apple of gold...with a stem and leaf set in silver... not overlaid in gold...but an apple of pure gold sitting in your hand!!  Oh the things you could do with that apple... not only would it be amazingly beautiful...but it would be worth so much!!

Our words when they are carefully spoken...when they are fitting to the soul... when they bring love and joy... when they bring encouragement...when they teach us how to become better people... they are treasures... something we hide in our hearts and draw on for strength for years to come!!  The are worth so much...they accomplish so much.... words fitly spoken are like an investment in a person's life.  Wise and loving words can grow a person to the point that they produce much fruit.... to the point that they spread seeds and grow other people. 

Our words are powerful, powerful things.. just like gold is a powerful, powerful motivator.  We should be very careful that we use that power to build up... to grow... to spread love and encouragement.  We should never ever use the power of our words to destroy. 

As long as we have words to speak ...we have power... we should back that power with the Name of Jesus and move mountains. We can move mountains with simple words like "I love you!" "You did a wonderful job!" "You can do anything!"  "You are beautiful."

Anytime we have a positive thought about somebody... we have the power to change their day for the good... by putting that positive thought into words, words that will build that person up and make them stronger, happier, ... words that make them feel loved! 

When we feel loved..when we feel confident...when we feel like other people care about us .. we grow stronger and more capable.  When kind words are spoken  there is stregth in them!  Think about it...have you ever been exausted and somebody come up to you and say something like "You are beautiful!" or "You amaze me!" and all the sudden you have this renewed energy?  We have the power to renew people's energy...to repair broken hearts... to give people the strenght to take one more step... that power is in our words. 

How will you us your words today??


No comments: