I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, June 28, 2012

6.28.12

Deuteronomy 30:19-20 Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, so that you and your descendants might live! You can make this choice by loving the Lord your God, obeying him, and committing yourself firmly to him. This is the key to your life. And if you love and obey the Lord, you will live long in the land the Lord swore to give your ancestors Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.”

My Thoughts
God gives us free will...He gives us the choice to choose blessing... or we can choose curses.  All that we have to do to have the blessings of God is to obey Him...commit ourselves to Him. Loving God is our key to life.

The more I read God's word...the more it settles down into my heart.. the more I understand just how much God loves me.  What is amazing is that if we obey God our life will just be better... God only wants the best for us!!... But God does not stop at our lives being better... He rewards us for our good behavior!! 

God tells us all the time how to have a good life!!... He tells us if we give to others, He will give back to us pressed down and overflowing.  My visual on that is this... Take a glass and fill it with cotton balls... just put them in there to the top... that is what God ask us to give....now take that same glass... fill it with cotton balls and press them down... keep adding ... press some more...now let go and see how many more cotton balls you have... that is how much God give back...just because we give!! 

If God honors our giving so generously how much more will he honor our loving?!?! 

God is waiting to bless us... He is up in Heaven rooting us on!!  Cheering us on!!... Jesus is constantly praying on our behalf.... God even puts the Holy Spirit inside us to tell us what to do...He gives us His word...and He tells us that if we seek wisdom that wisdom will find us. We don't have to be smart about it...we just have to seek after it.  He puts all this in place for us...then He promises us blessings to go along with being good... It is a privilege just to get to love God...and if we do He is going to add blessing to it!! 

When I was 9 and asked Jesus into my heart... when I believed that He was the Son of God...I got my place in heaven... but my life changed in the most amazing ways when I picked up my Bible and started seeking after God two and a half years ago.   I learned how to truly love God...I have learned how much God truly loves me!  My body actually tingles with joy!...My face glows.... I have peace that I never knew could exist!... Do I have bad days...sure I do ...I am living on this earth where evil is at every corner...and sometimes I get lost in the wrong things...but as soon as I turn my eyes, my heart back to God, his blessing start pouring down from heaven and all is good again!!  And each time I see that change ... I get better and better and going to God sooner when I mess up!  I tell myself you can be miserable or you can praise God!.. Praising God works every time! 

If you are reading this wondering if this really works... imagine me sitting in front of you with your sweet face in my hands... I am looking at you with loving eyes...with tears of joy and a deep sense of wanting you to understand what I am saying!  I am saying "God loves YOU, YOU so much!  He wants nothing but the very best for you!!  There is nothing that God will ask you to do that will not make your life better...even when the world does not see what you have done, God does and He stores up blessing for you!!  God cares! God will make your life better!!  Just pick up that Bible and start reading it!! You may not understand it at first, I didn't!!  But if you seek after God, He will make sure that it comes...He will make sure that you feel His love, that you feel joy, that you feel peace... He will walk with you and be beside you! Choose blessing!!" 



No comments: