I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, April 1, 2014

4.1.14

Psalm 73:2-3 & 19 But as for me I almost lost my footing. My feet were slipping and I was almost gone. For I envied the proud when I saw them prosper despite their wickedness. 19. In an instant they are destroyed, completely swept away by terrors.

My Thoughts
Terror is defined as "extreme fear."  In verse 19 an "s" is added to terror...meaning many extreme fears. Have you ever done something you knew was wrong? Spent money you didn't have, said something you shouldn't have said? Then had a fear in your gut about that at night when you laid down to sleep?  We probably all have. Some people live in such sin, and Satan rewards them with so many things that their lives look good from the outside looking in. Asaph the author of this Psalm admits to almost getting drawn in to all that "stuff." But look here, despite having all that stuff, these people are swept away by terrors. You see one of the things that Satan can not give us is peace. He may be able to tell us how to have stuff, but his ways of having do not include peace. In fact Satan's way of having stuff will lead to terrors. Bernie Madoff his way of "having it all" was taking from people with lies. How many nights did he lay in bed unable to go to sleep because of the terrors in his head? I bet as horrible as it was to be found out he was relieved to finally be able to sleep when it was all over. 

My mom and I use to love to drive around and look at really nice homes and dream. All it would do is make us feel like we were missing out. One day as we talked about this feeling we would ultimately feel she wisely said,  "we should never wish for what others have without knowing their story. Without knowing if we would want to do all it takes to have what they have. We don't even know if these people are able to sleep at night, are they drowning in debt?" We talked for hours about that... And never went "dreaming" again. We were like Asaph we got so caught up in wanting. I am sure that some of these fine houses were blessings for hard work, honest living, loving, giving lives... But I know too some of these houses where gotten by dishonesty... By using what Satan says is okay. Some of these people were living in terror.... We didn't need to be wishing for what they had. 

God is the giver of love, peace, joy, blessings. The things that come from God do not give us terror. Satan likes to deceive us, to whisper in our ears we deserve this, or we deserve that....he tells us things like, "It's okay to lie, you will get the house you deserve." God instead tells us how, to have what we need, how much is enough while we are able to love in His peace. God' sword gives us instructions on what is good and honest and right. When we keep our eyes on God we will always have enough, and peace to go with it. My mom and I learned how to look at our homes and see all the blessings that came with just what we had. I am so grateful that God gave me the gift of seeing my blessings or laying me down at night in peace. 

No comments: