I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, April 4, 2014

4.4.14

Luke 10:41-42 But The Lord said to her, "My dear Martha, you are worried and upset over all the details! There is only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it and it will not be taken from her." 

My Thoughts
Don't you just love how Jesus addressed Mary! "My dear Mary!" Wow! I think He was saying you are so busy trying to be perfect! How exhausting! You are going to get lost in serving me. You just need to relax and love Me, then I will help you. I will make sure it all works out for good. Don't get so busy and exhausted that you forget your purpose which is to love.

First this to story is about taking time to love Jesus. But it is also about taking time to love. We need to be careful as mom and dads, as grown children to our parents, as sisters and brothers, as friends that we don't get so busy doing thing because we love somebody, that we actually forget to love them, that we fail to make them feel loved. Sometimes we get so busy doing for somebody when sitting by them and holding their hand would set their world back in course.  Sometimes we get so busy that we don't take the time to notice that someone we love walks in the room...we miss out on their light, their face. They miss out on knowing someone lights up when they enter a room.

My little dog, Shaggy lights up when I walk I to the house, the same after I walk to the mailbox as he does if I have been gone from his world a couple of days. He greets me with a wildly wagging tail and will not let me don anything until I have picked him up so he can love me.  I heard a preacher say once that he was jealous of his wife's little dog. Then one day he noticed how that little dog treated his wife. He always greeted her with love and excitement to see her. He always sat newsprint to her in the couch. He thought to himself, "Wharton if I were to treat my wife the way that dog does?" So he tried it. He would meet her at the door all excited to see her. He would greet her with kisses. He sat next to her in the couch. And sure enough his wife treated him with the same love that the dog had been getting. No doubt that man loved his wife. No telling how many times he was doing something for her when she arrived home...busy with the details of locking her by being a dutiful husband. But those details didn't matter so much as just loving her did.

Jesus was saying, just love me Martha and then everything else will work itself out.


No comments: