I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, April 5, 2014

4.5.14

Luke 11:34-36 Your eye is a lamp that provides light for your body. When your eye is good, your whole body is filled with light. But, when it's bad your body is filled with darkness. Make sure that the light you think you have is not actually darkness. If you are filled with light, with no dark corners, then your whole life will be radiant, as though a floodlight were filling you with light." 

My Thoughts
This says to me that we need to be so careful about what we read, what we catch, what we engage in. It says to me that when we feel darkness closing in on our lives that we should step back and take inventory of what we are allowing into our lives. 

I use to love to watch American Justice and City Confidential ...  Shows about true crime. One day .god told me to stop.  When I did I noticed my mood changed.... I became less anxious and less afraid of the world. I really had no idea that these shows were effecting me that way. but God knew and He protected me. For me these shows planted darkness in my life. 

I am learning that when I find myself feeling overcome with a dark mood, to step back and examine what I have been doing. To ask God what I need to change. Some times it takes me a few days or more to remember to ask. But once I do life gets better... Just asking lights up those dark corners. I love how God comes to our rescue. 

No comments: