I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, April 28, 2014

4.28.14

Proverbs 14:10 Each heart knows it's own bitterness, and no one else can fully share it's joy.

My Thoughts
When I read this I thought God knows! God knows when I feel bitter, God knows completely my joy!  Yet so often I, we as humans run to people to express our excitement over our joy, or to share the bitterness in our heart. Have you ever been so disappointed when you try to share you joy and feel like no one else understands? We all have. And then there is that sharing out bitterness with humans, one of two things happens, either they don't want to hear it, which makes us more bitter. Or second they feed out bitterness which makes us more bitter. You have to have friends really grounded in God not to get one or the other. 

The thing is, I realized as I read this verse began to write about it, God gets it, the Holy Spirit is inside us feeling what we feel and communicating with God... And God gets it...God understands our joy and out bitterness. god will celebrate with us while keeping us grounded. God will bring us out of bitterness by giving us a new way to think  God wants us to share every part of our lives with Him. When we do God keeps our lives in balance.  

No comments: