I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, April 3, 2014

4.3.14

Proverbs 12:13 The gossip of bad people gets them into trouble; the conversation of good people keeps them out of it.

My Thoughts
Before Robby and I started reading our Bibles most every day out conversation was often about people. Luckily we have always been able to talk about ideas and concepts. But still we often talked about people. Have you ever noticed how even if you only talk to your spouse about people, it still comes back to haunt you. It haunts you in how it makes you feel about someone. Gossip grows any anger or resentment you have inside you. And all too often when we gossip we look for someone who we know will agree with us... Which only feeds the talking and the feelings. If it only gets you into trouble with yourself, that is a most horrible feeling. Have you ever noticed that even if you keep the gossip within the four walls if your house it can feel like it seeps through the cracks and down the road into the ears of the people you have discussed. It builds a wall between people isolating us from each other. 

What I have noticed over the last 4+ years is that the more Robby and I read out Bibles the more we spend out conversation time on what our Bible reading has taught us. Now if we find ourselves talking about someone we tend to, together find a different way to thin about the situation. We try to see things from that persons point of view. If we see someone in trouble we look for ways to help them, or we pray for them. Our conversation about people is not gossip that we have heard, it is concern for people we know and love, or for complete strangers even. Our conversations are about how we can be better people, what we can do to help sometimes complete strangers. We work so often now days on how to implement what we have learned. 

We still have our moments! But we are a work In progress. What we have noticed is that our slip ups often come when we have let ourselves get over tired. Or have gotten too busy to study what we need to study.  When we let the world get in the way we start becoming like the world.  We are so blessed to be at an age when the world has less places to creep in because we have gotten to slow down a lot. We feel so blessed that we are learning and growing. So blessed that God gives us wisdom if we just seek after it. What a wonderful God that we have that rewards our efforts and makes life easier for us. 

No comments: