I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, April 10, 2014

4.10.14

Joshua 1:8 Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so that you will sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all that you do.

My Thoughts
God said this to Joshua and it still holds true. To do what God ask of us, we have to know what God ask if us. To know that for ourselves, we must read it for ourselves. We can't get all of it in Church even if we go every time the doors are open. There is just too much to get. We need to be studying every day. In Romans 2:12 it tells us that we need to constantly renew our minds. God will bless us, He says that we will prosper and succeed in all that we do if we obey everything written in His word. 

The more I read God's word the more I understand the importance of constant renewal. I forget! I have to be reminded.  There is so much coming at me from the world, a constant input of stuff. God's word can so easily be crowded out if I do not keep at it daily, learning and relearning. god tells us here just how to have a blessed life, stay in His word, not just reading it, but thinking on it and doing what it says to do. What I love about God is that He always rewards my efforts and forgives me my mistakes when I got to Him. When I ask He offers me a his grace to help me understand and to help me do better!

No comments: