I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, April 2, 2014

4.2.14

Luke 10:10-12 But if a town refuses to welcome you go out I to the streets and say, "We wipe even the dust of your town from our feet to show that we have abandon you to your fate. And know this -- The Kingdom of God is near! I assure you, even wicked Sodom will be better off than such a town on judgement day." 

My Thoughts
I had finished my Bible reading just after I put Ripley down...and needed a much needed nap. I went to sleep  not knowing which Bible verse I was going to write about and woke up with this verse so on my heart and mind.

Such a harsh verse it seems.  But then I thought of the Old Testament and how the Israelites were not to let people who worshiped foreign gods in so that they would not be tempted by them. It is important to move on from people who have heard the truth but so strongly reject it so that we never look at their lives for a moment and think, without truly knowing what their spirit goes through, that they ave it better than we do.  And second there are so many people out in the world hungering for the love of God that we don't need to lose many souls because of one soul that wants to stay lost. We have to accept that as much as we want others to experience the love of  God and all that God has to offer, some people just never will. I believe we are to go in love, but leave with a stern warning, a warning that if you make this choice Hell does await you! A warning that Hell is an absolute truth if someone does not accept Jesus. 

God know when people are ready to seek Him. We need to trust ?God with that and know that He will send someone else when the time comes. God will never ever leave a soul that longs for Him, He loves us too much. Bit Je also doesn't want is to stay in a place where there is only evil to tempt us. 


No comments: