I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, April 7, 2014

4.7.14

Deuteronomy 30:19 "Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now I call on Heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh that you would choose life, so that you and your descendants might live! You can make this choice by loving The Lord your God, obeying him, and committing yourself firmly to him. This is the key to your life. And if you love and obey the Lord, you will live long in the land the Lord swore to give your  ancestors Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob."

My Thoughts
I could not help but notice that the earth would be witness to the choice we make of blessings or curses. In Deuteronomy 11 God tells us that if we live under his blessings that we will get rain in the right times so that the crops will grow and can be gathered. So that the earth will yield its crops. Yield  means to produce or provide. The earth knows when to provide for us, because it has been given the authority to be witness to our choices of blessing or our choices of curses. When we choose blessings, we we obey Gods commands .... The things of the earth work together for the good ... The earth produces blessings for is. 

I believe that when we do not live our lives in praise to God by following His commands the earth knows this and rises up itself to praise God in mighty ways. But when we praise God ourselves the earth does not have to rise up, it can work in perfect balance, bringing us blessings for loving our wonderful creator it's wonderful creator God. 
2 Chronicles 7:14 says that, "Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land."  It is God's people that have to make the choice to choose blessings. We have to be honest with ourselves, truly honest and ask ourselves where we are making the choices of blessings in our lives and where we are making the choices of curses in our lives...then we have to ask forgiveness of our sins so that we are right with God and move forward and do better. Then the earth will rejoice with us...fruit and veggies will rise up from the ground because the rain will come in the right season...flowers will blanket the earth making us feel great joy. blessing will abound. The earth will be able to do its wonderful things because it won't have to be busy sending up the praises to .god that we have not. 

No comments: