I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, April 23, 2014

4.23.14

Like 21:33 Heaven and earth will disappear, but my words will never disappear.

My Thoughts
It is funny how many times you can hear or read something, then all of the sudden it catches your attention so much that it takes your breath away. When I read this verse this morning I felt absolute fear for the me I was just  a few years back. I didn't pick up my Bible and read it, lean from it, take it all in. And still today I could do much better than I do.

We can know how important this earth is, our government even passes laws to protect it. There are things about our earth that can get even the least interested person a bit fired up. We all think of Heaven most of us want to be there after we die. We care about at least the piece of land that we own, a part of this great earth. Yet we can have Bibles that sit on our shelves filled with God's words, God's instruction. Full of Jesus' wisdom and never pick them up to find out for ourselves all that is written for us to know. Yet one day God's word will still be ever present when this earth does not even exist. 

God's word is important to our souls, it is important to our lives today here on this earth and to our lives after death. The only way to fully understand that is to read and know God's word for ourselves. I had been to church over the years, I had attended Sunday School and listen to my pastor preach.  But until I picked up my Bible and got to know God for myself I could not know how powerful God' word or God's love for me is. 

God's word has been so powerful in my life that I so want people to pick up their Bible and read! I challenge you to make a one year commitment to read your Bible every day, and if you miss a day, pick up where you left off two days before and see how different your life is in a year! God's word never returns void. It will change your life in amazing ways. 

No comments: