I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, April 17, 2014

4.17.14

Proverbs 13:13 (The Message Bible) Ignore the Word and suffer; honor God's commands and grow rich.

My Thoughts
Before knowing God, really knowing God, I could have and probably would have read this verse in a harsh light. More like, "IGNORE THE WORD AND I WILL MAKE YOU SUFFER!" Satin would have smile and shouted, "VICTORY!" I would have been clueless, Jesus would have prayed harder for my soul without me even knowing....and thank goodness God would have smiled only because He knows the beginning from the end and would know that I would eventually see this verse in its true light. 

When we ignore the word we only suffer because of the choices we make... Now I see this statement more like this. With God holding my face it his hands He says to me' "Now look at me Jeannie, it's okay look at me, I want you to hear this it's important. If you ignore my instructions in the Word you will not take the right paths, you will make many mistakes that could be avoided. Mistakes that will hurt you and hurt the people around you. Yo will walk outside of the place where my blessings abound. You will feel sorrow and pain and I won't be able to help you because you will be walking in sin and not know how to ask for forgiveness so that I can come close to you, you see unforgiven sin keeps us separated, and if you don't know my word you will not even think to ask for my forgiveness.  I don't want that for you. I want you in the right oath, the safe path, the path where I can walk close to you, be right by your side holding your hand and keeping you safe. When you know my words, my instructions and do what they say I can be right beside you at all times, even when you mess up, I won't be far away, because you will remember I am close and you will ask forgiveness and I can take your hands again. I can be there to pour out blessings when you need them and even when you don't. So please, because I love you so don't ignore my word, it will help you, because you know it I can help you. I keep you close enough that you can feel all the love I have for you. I want to shower you with my love." 

My heart almost keeps out of my chest when I read these words now...and Jesus and God and the Angels celebrate because I am learning. Y know they celebrate because I feel the joy from that celebration right inside my chest. I feel love and peace and pure joy. And if that goes away because I stepped away from .god for a moment, I know, because of His word, that I can call to Him, ask for forgiveness and He will take my hand again. When He does Heaven will celebrate again and peace will come again to my soul. Wow!

No comments: