I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, April 14, 2014

4.14.14

Proverbs 13:3 Those who control their tongue will have a long life; opening your mouth can ruin everything.

My Thoughts
I was thinking as "normal" everyday people who are not going to get shot or stabbed for something we say, how can our lives be shorter because of what we say?  Then I thought of how stress shortens our lives, causes disease in our bodies, I thought of how us normal every day people mostly go about our days working and taking care of our families.. The biggest thing we do to get ourselves in trouble is to open our mouths!  How much stress do we cause ourselves, how many days do we take from our lives because of the things we say. I would say that more than half our stress comes from our tongues. 

I am getting better...I am learning to listen to then Holy Spirit when He tells me, "shhhh, don't say it Jeannie!" I am learning that I walk away with mor dignity and mor self respect when I stop even if I have gotten started.  If you quit smoking..in minutes you start recovering your health...and in 15 years it is like you have never smoked.... I wonder if keeping my mouth closed will work like that...giving me back my health and long years to follow. It is worth a try ... And it will make 
God happy.

No comments: