I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, April 18, 2014

4.18.14

Luke 19:26 "Yes" the king replied, "and to those who use well what they have been given, even more will be given. But from those who do nothing, even what little they have will be taken away."

My Thoughts
Oh wow! Think about this... If we use our money well then we will be given more, if we use our wisdom well we will be given more, if we use our time well we will be given more, if we use our talents well we will be given more. If we use our knowledge well we will be given more. If we love well we will be given more. If we love our friends well we will be given more. The list can go on and on and on. 

But how can we use this verse in our lives? We can examine our lives and be completely honest with ourselves. But we have to b honest. We can say where am I lacking? If it is in our finances we then have to ask ourselves and be brutally honest...even going to someone that will be honest with us if that is what it takes and find our faults and leant to do better.  ....  If we lack in friendship we can examine ourselves and ask, "Am I being the kind of friend I want in my life?" If the answer is no then we can stop and examine how to be better at being a friend. What talents do we have? Are they being used the best way that they can be to honor God? If not we can ask ourselves, "how can I use what I can do to honor you?" Then move toward that. 

We have the ability to grow in every way, we just have to be honest with ourselves, give what we can do to God...be good Stewarts of all the gifts, the blessings god has given us and amazing things will happen. But it all starts with us...and it grows with God. We just have to listen and act on what he teaches us and tells us. 

No comments: