I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, March 31, 2014

3.31.14

Deuteronomy 17:19-20 He (the king of Israel) must always keep a copy with him and read it daily as long as he lives. That way he will learn to fear the Lord his God by obeying all the terms of the instructions and decrees. This regular reading will prevent him from becoming proud and acting as if he is above his fellow citizens. It will also prevent him from turning away from these commands in the smallest way. And it will ensure that he and his descendants will reign for many years in Israel. 

My Thoughts
Oh my God is talking to me today! This year has been full of stuff already... Stressful things, busy, busy things. I have been sick twice with stuff that put me to bed for a few days and took a week after that to get over. I have had  a child trapped in a snowstorm. My dad had been in the hospital 3 times I'd you count the time they sent him home for the weekend. I have become just a bit overwhelmed. I really like routine and it has alluded me this years, got me a bit off track. I have missed a  days each week reading my Bible...today as I started I found myself three days behind on top of the two day I was behind from last week. I just skipped ahead to today it was just too much to catch up on. 

The problem is that it is effecting me, I feel the change... I have left cracks open and Satan has attacked my spirit. I feel overwhelmed and exhausted and boy that is when the devil will attack my thoughts with such a vengeance. And for the first time in the last three years I have spent days with anxiety. Days in end near tears. I have avoided people I know. And it is all my fault. I have failed to take my daily dose of medicine... God's word, which so keeps me grounded, peaceful, focused

But God has remained with me. He has given me songs of praise to sing, so I could keep close enough to Him to remember that He has me in His hands, His arms. Today He made sure this verse stuck out in my head and in my heart. Just yesterday I saw a FB poster that talked about us treating our Bibles like our cellphones. Then this today. God is telling me if I keep my Bible close...I can get in His words a little here and a little there through out the day in those impossible days. I know without a doubt that when I read my Bible daily that I don't have anxiety.... I don't get easily overwhelmed. Why would I let this happen to me? And as I asked that question God so gently gave me the answer. He told me that I am human, He told me that Satan condemns, not to let Satan do that to me. He told me that how I handle this is what defines me, not the happening of it.  He told me that that is why He gives me the Holy Spirit to help me, to get me back on track. And as I hear Him talk to me and answer my question...a smile crosses my face, my tears dry up...that spirit of depression starts to lift. And I am reminded that God honors my time, when I feel like I don't have time, if I take time, God honors that. If I feel like I don't have the energy, but do it anyway, God honors that. God reminds me with my very own story what He can do in my life when I pick up my Bible and read it every day. And as I write this the birds begin so sing, so many of them, just outside my window. God is so good! 

No comments: