I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, March 12, 2014

3.12.14

John 14:26 But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative—that is, the Holy Spirit—he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you.

My Thoughts
There was a time in my life as a Christian I would have said that nobody was reminding me of anything. I would get nudges. The Holy Spirit was trying, doing His best with what I had given Him to work with. But how could he remind me of Scripture, of what God has told us all, if I didn't know what God had told me? He couldn't! I also didn't know to recognize that still small voice as the Holy Spirit talking to me, leading me, protecting me. Now I hear and recognize Him all the time...more every day, and He does bring to my  remembrance Scriptures. I can recognize the scripture because I have now read the Scripture. 

Just this last week when I was living in all the days ahead that this week held, beginning to feel overwhelmed and exhausted from all that lay ahead of me, The Holy Spirit reminded me of   Matthew 6:34 and not to worry about tomorrow today was big enough all by itself. So each day I have made myself stay focused on just that day, being reminded by The Holy Spirit each time my tomorrow's tried to steel my joy for today...and I recognized Him and His love for me and I listened.... I lived in that day... Accomplishing enough not to be dragged down by my past once that day was my past... And keeping my tomorrows from exhausting my present before it even got here. This past week I have learned the importance if this verse... It is huge to my future todays.... This verse alone will give me strength by keeping tomorrow from taking my strength.... This verse alone will help me stay present in the moment so that I can feel the joy that God gives me and intends for me to have. I was able to grab hold of this verse because I recognized it when the Holy Spirit reminded me of it and told me how to use it in my life! 

No comments: