I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, March 18, 2014

3:18:14

Numbers 27:12-17 One day The Lord said to Moses, Climb one of the mountains east of the River, and look over at the land I have given the people if Israel. After you have seen it you will die like your brother Aaron, for you both rebelled against my instruction in the wilderness of Zion. When the people of Israel rebelled, you failed to demonstrate my holiness to them at the waters. (these are the waters of Meribah at Kadesh in the Wilderness if Zin.) 

Then Moses said to the Lord, "O Lord, you are the God who gives breath to all creatures. Please appoint a new man as leader of the community.  Give them someone that will lead them into battle, so that the community of the Lord will not be like sheep without a Shepard." 

My Thoughts
Moses at the moment could have made the choice to be angry and selfish. He could have pouted because he had lead these rebellious people for 40 years. Instead he chose love. To love God and to love the people he aphid lead for 40 years. Moses chose to ask for protection for God's people, and I believe he chose to coining his blessings, all the many blessings God had given him. He chose to do what we are taught in Philippians 4:8 to think on things which are true, honorable, right, pure, lovely, good, excellent, worthy of praise.

We ourselves can chose to see this story in different ways. We could chose to see what Moses miss out on. We could chose to see God as harsh and angry. Or we could choose to think on this story and see the true, honorable, right, pure, lovely, good, excellent, and worthy of praise. We can chose to see that because Moses loved God, God made Moses a great man, a leader. because God loved Moses and Moses loved  God, God revealed himself to Moses here on earth in a mighty way. Because God loved Moses, Moses got to live his last 40 years as a free man. Because God loved Moses he got to skip the Promise Land and see Heaven.

We as people have the freedom to choose. We can choose to see God as the loving God that he is...we can choose to see the people around us with love. Jesus teaches us to choose love above all else. Love benefits us all. It benefits our relationship with  God and with others. Love gives us the ability to think I things that are true, honorable, right, pure, lovely, good, excellent and worthy of praise. I pray that I can be like Moses and see God and people with such love.


No comments: