I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, March 4, 2014

3.4.14

Mark 12:7-8 But the tenant farmers said to one another, "Here comes the heir to the estate. let's kill him and get the estate for ourselves!" So they grabbed him and murdered him and threw his body out of the vineyard.

My Thoughts
The owner of the estate had built he vineyard built a wall around it and leased it to the tenant camera for a small price. They had to work the vineyard... But the owner of the estate had built it and shared it with them. He had given them a way to make a living. They had become selfish. This man had given them a way to make a living, to have a fruitful life yet they resented him.

I know that this is a story about how the people of the world were about to take the life of Jesus about how God had given them so much and how they became selfish.

But today I saw something else in this story. I couldn't help but thin about how on Sunday mornings God ask for our ten precent...  It made me see my ten precent as an acknowledgement  to God that I understand that what I have belongs to God and He has given me the opportunity to use it to better my life...but it is still His. If I don't give my tithes on Sunday I am saying I deserve this more than you do God, I worked it, I am going to keep it for myself.  If I don't tithe I am saying to God that I think I matter more than Jesus, that I think that all that He did so I could have this opportunity inlife doesn't   matter to my success and what I have been able to accomplish.  My giving back to God his ten precent is saying, "I know this world belongs to you God, I thank you for the opportunities to have the life I have. Thank you for trusting me with this much!"  I believe from the story of the talents that this vineyard was taken and given to the person that treasured what God had given them. We are saying on Sunday mornings when we tithe, "God, I treasure all that you have entrusted me with." Don't miss out on a chance to tell God you treasure what he has done for you!

No comments: