I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Proverbs 11:19 Godly people find life, evil people find death.

My Thoughts
We tend to think of evil as the worst of the worst. But to God all sin is equal and sin is evil. And the more I know Gos the more I understand how much He loves us...and how his words are a way to explain to us, not label us. Evil I. Our lives is unresolved sin, simple as that. sin we have not confessed, sin that we keep repeating and not working on.  Godly people are simply people who have made themselves right with God, resolved their sin. Asked for forgiveness, and are working to do better.

Death is not always a state of body, death can be death of the gifts God gives, joy, peace, love, kindness. Death is so often the lack I spiritual fruit in our lives.  We find those fruits listed in Galatians 5:22-23 love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.  When we are living with unresolved sin it is we are hard pressed to find love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and we loose our self control.

This is the first time this verse became so clear to me when I had such a build up of unresolved sin in my life, small every day type sins, a few not so small sins, when I had let evil set in in my life to fester and naw at me it the fruits of the Spirit were getting all chocked out and dying . It was hard for me to recognize the love of others, I lacked joy, I could become very impatient with myself especially. There was a constant naming at my spirit and I never felt peaceful, there was so much anxiety and panic in my soul, when people tried to be kind to me I could not even recognize their actions as kind, I lost my ability to see the goodness in the world, the list goes on and on. You see with unforgiven sin in my life it was easy to believe the lies  Satan would tell me about myself, about others. Satan was pouring out death over my life by tanking away the fruits that the Spirit of God so freely gives.  Once I began to know God better, and gave Him my sins to put on the cross, by asking for forgiveness and learning to do better and better, the fruits of the spirit began to grow....I had replace the evil of Satan with the love of God...I had replaced death with life! 

Satan likes  people to see this verse as God calling us evil...but that is not what God is doing at all.  God is telling us that when we live with unresolved, unforgiven sin the spirit of evil surrounds us and chokes out all the goodness. When we go to God with that sin and give it to Him to put on the cross we get to live right with Him, we are then Godly, being Godly is not walking around holier than everybody.  God is all of the fruits of the Spirit...when we put our sins on the cross by asking forgiveness to experience the fruits of the Spirit to walk in them to grow in them... Godly is living in forgiveness so that we can be near God and have His goodness spill over into our lives and grow in us. How wonderful that we don't have to walk in the evil of the world and we can walk in godliness!

Thank you dear God for helping me to understand this verse today! Thank you for the overflowing of love I feel in my heart this very moment! Thank you for honoring your promise that if I seek you will give knowledge to me. I love you Dear God so much. My heart overflows!

No comments: