I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, March 25, 2014

3.25.14

Proverbs 11:24-25  Give freely and become more wealthy; be stingy and loose everything. The generous will prosper; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed.

My Thoughts
There are so many areas in our lives, well in all areas of our lives, we need to apply faith. So of then we apply it to this handful of  places in our lives and  then we forget to apply it to this other handful of places. 

This area is hard for me. I try! I want to be a giving person. I want to do for others... But so often I close my hands and hold on tight.  Sometimes I think, "I just can't afford that!" How often have I closed my fist tightly around my money and didn't trust God to take care of me. I need to remember theses verses for then next time I feel the need to give and want to hold on tight. I need to remember that God takes care of me....too often I depended on that money in the bank to take care of me when God can do way more for me than money ever could. 

When God as of me in any area of my life He will reward my efforts. I have seen Him give me back my time, I have seen Him give me back my money overflowing. I just need to keep these stories of my life alive in my heart so that my faith in God grows and grows and grows. 

No comments: