I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, March 5, 2014

3.5.14

Psalm 48:9a Oh God, we meditate on your unfailing love 

My Thoughts
 This line took my breath away today. For days I find myself singing about how much God loves me. I wake up in the middle of the night singing if His love for me. For each and every one of us. And I just feel such joy! Last week was a stressful week with my dad, then when I would atop and meditate on God's love I would feel peace.

Yesterday a psychiatrist on TV was talking about cognitive therapy for depression and anxiety. He said...and I have alway heard ..what we thin about what happens determines how we feel about what happens. Even when we don't want to believe this, deep down we know it's true. He said that depressions was caused by, and caused thoughts of being all alone in the world, not feeling loved, feeling useless. It made me smile... I thought God gives us things to think about on all these subjects, positive things to thin. No wonder I am never depressed or anxious any more. God's word is in my heart telling me the truth. It's gems me I am wonderfully made,that I can do all things through .christ who strengthens me. God's word tells me that I am never alone that He is always with me, that He sent the Holy Spirit to live in me so I would never be alone.  God' sword tells me just how much God loves me...and His love shows up in my life every day. It was always there but God's word taught me how to see Him in my life.

When I meditate on God's unfailing love my life is in balance, it is full, it is whole. It makes me sing!

No comments: