I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, March 21, 2014

3.21.14

Psalm 64:1a O God listen to my complaints.

My Thoughts
This is so something I need to work on...I do it in occasion, mostly when scripture reminds me that I can, and it is always so very helpful. But it is not something I learned to do so it is awkward for me.  The prayers I heard as a child were the formal prayers of opening a service or class, or closing one. So prayer can be one of the things that seem hardest for me in so many ways. Don't get me wrong I pray. Mostly short little prayers through out the day. They are sincere and I know that God hears them, because He answers them, I see His answers in my life. 

What I have got to learn to do is be better at going to God with every thing, even my complaints. Especially my complaints. When I do do this God sorts out my thoughts and tells me where I am in the wrong. That is so important since the only people we can change is ourselves. People that listen to our complaints do what people tend to do and they take our side and justify our feelings. Then nothing changes, except maybe the problem grow bigger. God on the other hand gently tells us where we are wrong so we can change the situation by changing our actions, our way of thinking. God can also fill us with forgiveness, council us in how to walk in love or tell us it is time to walk away or time be bold and state our case.  We can trust God's answers because He knows the unbiased truth, He is just and fair, He is kind and loving, He wants the best for everybody. 

As I learn to invite God into every area of my life I am seeing amazing changes take place..as God changes me I see those changes reflected in my relationships with other people. My hear overflows.

In Luke 5:5 there is a story of two men who did what Jesus asked, their blessings overflowed so much so that their friends benefited as much as they did... Even more people were going to benefit from those blessings. What a wonderful thing to know, if I let God change and grow me, as blessings flow from those changes..those blessings will overflow to the people around me. What better gift can we give to others? and it all starts with prayer. 

No comments: