I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, June 9, 2013

6.9.13

Psalm 127:1 Unless the Lord builds a house, the work of the builder is wasted.  Unless the Lord protects a city, guarding it with sentries will do no good.
 
My Thoughts
Look at this verse, it says to me that protection from God starts at home.  When we have our houses in order God will protect our cities.  God needs to be a part of all that we do. When He is we will be blessed.  When God is a part of all that we do we are protected by God himself.  
 
I think back to what I learned in history class about people coming to America for freedom to worship God.  We grew fast and we grew strong because we loved God, because we put God first.  We became the most powerful land in all the world, because we loved God. Because we loved God, God protected us. 
 
Our country keep slipping a little bit here...and a little bit there... we are falling from grace a little bit at a time.  We do this by stepping outside the will of God in our homes and in our every day lives...and when we step outside the will of God we step outside the protection of God.  I read about slipping from grace just this weekend I thought it was a wonderful illustration of slipping from God's grace. Jane Hamilton character, Alice said in A Map of the Word, "I use to think if you fell from grace it was more likely than not the result of one stupendous error, or else an unfortunate accident.  I hadn't learned  that it can happen so gradually you don't lose your stomach or herself in the landing. You don't necessarily sense the motion.  I've found it takes at least two and generally three things to alter the course of your life: You slip around the truth once, and then again, and one more time, and there you are, feeling, for a moment, that it was sudden, your arrival at the bottom of the heap."   Although this was a quote from a book of fiction, not necessarily describing a fall from God's grace I could not help but think how much it can apply to our lives and God's grace.  We miss our Bible reading one day, then another, then another...and all of the sudden we are not reading our Bibles at all.  Or we miss Church one Sunday, then another...and after the third we just don't notice and we are not going to church anymore.  We forget to seek God's guidance about this matter, then that one...and another one...then we are out in the world trying to do it all on our own. 
 
I don't want my work to be wasted so I must seek after God when I begin it. I want to live under the protection of God always... so I must keep my house in God's will. As we do this collectively our nation will grow strong and stay protected by God.  I will be aware that I can slip from the Grace of God quietly, I will take notice of my slips...so that I will not find myself at the bottom of the heap wondering just how I got there!!  I will say to myself, I have slipped two days, I will not slip three!!!  The best possible place to live, the safest most loving and protected place to live is in God's grace.  I, we have the choice to live there, that choice is ours to make.  Lets don't slip from the grace of God, lets stay aware that each and every one of our actions are important to where we live.   

No comments: