I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, June 29, 2013

6.29.13

Proverbs 18:4 Wise words are like deep waters; wisdom flows from the wise like a bubbling brook.

My Thoughts
This verse made me think of two special people in my life, my grandmother, I called her MawMaw and my Mrs Kay.  All of us that know Mrs Kay think of hers as ours her wisdom grows us.  I jump at the chance to spend little bits of time here and there with her because I always learn something.  She is so wise that you can't help but learn something just by being in her presence.  Both of these special people in my life love or loved God more than most of us can even comprehend.  And both of them know God's word probable inside out.

My MawMaw didn't finish high school.  But she did know God's word, she did know God and the Bible tells us that all wisdom comes from God.  I would sit for hours next to my grandmother as a child, her big coffee table Bible in my lap and as I can to each picture she would tell me the stories that went with those pictures.  I was always amazed at how she knew them all.  And my MawMaw had an answer for everything, a good answer too.  She never turned anybody away that needed her.  She had eight children and several of their friends have lived for a time in my grandmother's house.  When she died those people were there telling about how MawMaw took them in and treated them just the same as if they were her very own.  If you were to ask her why she did that her answer would have been, "Because the Bible tells me to." For her it was as simple as that.  I never saw my grandmother go without a thing she needed and I know it was because God was taking care of her.  She even worked into her 80's.

Then I have know college educated people that paid to have wisdom, that had no since at all.  I have looked at some of them and been amazed, totally amazed at how they could have even finished college.  I have thought how could you finish college and run your life like this??? They really just had no clue.  Looking back on my time in their presence I never remember once hearing them mention God in any conversation.  Despite their higher education they were missing wisdom.  They were missing their God education.  How sad is that!

The more I read God's word, the more I depend on God the easier it get for me to make a wise decision.  I have found that knowing God limits my options in a good way.  Before wisdom started growing inside of me I could see endless answers to situations in my life.  So many it was hard to make a choice.  Now if I were to list out all the "answers" on a piece of paper to any given situation I could cross out so many of what use to would have been possibilities just by knowing what God's word tells me.  Then when I listen the Holy Spirit inside me tells me what is best from the rest of what is on my list.  Talk about making life simpler!!  And then when I do what God would have me do..There is no tossing and turning or second guessing my decisions once they are made.  I can move forward confidant that God has my back!!

My grand-daughter Ripley will be arriving on Tuesday.  One day when she is my age, about to be a grandmother herself, I hope that she sees me in the same way I see my grandmother or Mrs Kay. I hope that she sees me as wise and I hope that she knows with out a doubt where wisdom comes from!  I plan to tell her over and over and over again the wonderful stories in the Bible.  I plan to tell her about how much God loves her...and that her hero is Jesus because He gave his life for her.  I hope to start filling her with wisdom from God's word before she ever steps her foot in school. That way all that knowledge she learns will be put to wise use.  I pray that she grows in God faster than she grows in anything else.

No comments: