I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, June 14, 2013

6.14.13

Acts 9:33-34 There he (Peter) met a man named Aeneas, who had been paralyzed and bedridden for eight year.  Peter said to him, "Aeneas, Jesus Christ heals you! Get up and roll up your sleeping mat!" And he was healed instantly.
 
My Thoughts
Today I was really struck by the words, "Jesus Christ heals you!" It made me acutely aware of all things coming from God. I know that...but I do so many things in  my day without thinking of it.  I do so many normal, everyday things without being aware. 
 
We are trying to get better at knowing that Robby's paycheck at the end of the week is a gift from God and being thankful for that.  We are trying to always be aware that when we fill our buggy with a weeks worth of groceries and pet food that that is a gift from God and being thankful.  I need to be aware that when I woke up today that it was from God the gift of another day and be thankful.  It is easy to see the big things as gift...like a complete healing.  What we need to become acutely aware of is the little things.  The everyday things that are all gifts. If we are aware of the everyday things being straight from God himself, we will never forget to be aware of the big things. 
 
When I get my mind on thankfulness I often think of how the first of any operation that saved somebody was to the world a miracle...like taking our our appendix... or the first heart cath.  Not only was the person saved aware of the miracle from God, the world was aware.  Now we see so many things as routine surgery and we are not even stirred by the lifesaving miracle that went on.  So often we don't even give the person credit for having had to have surgery. 
 
Every time a mother has a c-section, a person has their appendix or gallbladder taken out.  Every time a person takes a pill that keeps a disease under control we should be celebrating as excitedly as this man did that picked up their sleeping mat and walked!!  And every time that something, anything nice or good happens in our day, every time we get to go to work or receive our paycheck, every time that we put food on our plates we need to remember to be truly thankful for what God has given us.
 
Everything is a gift from God and we need to be humble enough to be thankful. Humble enough to know that fact. never so haughty that we think it is all our own doing.  But instead thankful, truly thankful to God for all Has given us whether it be our ability, our drive, our winning spirit or a smile from a stranger, a kind hello, a helping hand from somebody a hug that comes straight from God through a friend.  We need to remember that it is all straight from God Himself!

No comments: