I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, June 15, 2013

6.15.13

Psalm 133:1 How wonderful and pleasant it is when brothers live together in harmony!
 
My Thoughts
How do we do this?  It is really simple to seem so hard we encompass the fruit of the Spirit.  We be what love is... The Bible tells us in 1 Corinthians 13 4-7: Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way.  It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It dos not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out.  Love never gives up, never loses faith, its always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
 
Simple does not mean easy...but being what love is is possible.  God sends the Holy Spirit to live inside of us..so those fruits are there if we will just tap into them through our relationship with God.   The more we communicate with God, the more we study God's word the more we are able to hear the Holy Spirit talking to us telling us what is right.  It is so important that we understand that the Holy Spirit is God inside of us guiding us!!  The way we know that voice from our own is knowing what God's word says!  If we hear a voice inside of us telling us to be jealous..that is our own voice... because here we learn that the fruit of the Spirit is not jealous.  When we know that we know the difference.
 
What about our feelings? What if we feel jealous??  Then we act in love and our feelings will follow.    
 
 

No comments: