I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, June 28, 2013

6.28.13

2 Kings 13:15-19 Elisha told him, "Get a bow and some arrows." and the king did as he was told.  Elisha told him, "Put your hand on the bow," and Elisha laid his own hands on the king's hands.
 
The he commanded, "Open that eastern window," and he opened it.  The he said, "Shoot!" So he shot an arrow.  Elisha proclaimed, "This is the Lord's arrow, an arrow of victory over Aram, for you will completely conquer the Arameans at Aphek."
 
The he said, "Now pick up the other arrows and strike then aginst the ground." So the king picked them up and sturck the ground three times.  But the man of God was angry with him.  "You should have struck the ground five or six times!" he exclaimed. "Then you would have beaten Aram until it was entirely destroyed.  Now you will be vicorious only three times."
 
My Thoughts
When I read this I immediately thought of our prayers,  my prayers.  How often do I pray only a couple of times over a situation and wonder why God only answers part of the prayer.  I have not prayed enough I think!!  I have not made it serious enough in my prayer life for it to be so serious to God.   I imagine the king tapping the ground three times... an "I am doing what I am told," motion, instead of a deliberate "this is important to my life and to the lives of my people," motion. What if God thought, "You asked so I answered.  But if you had asked like it mattered, really mattered, I would have answered like it really mattered."  What I take away for this scripture is that we/I have got to pray like it really matters!! 
 
 


No comments: