I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, June 10, 2013

6.10.13

Proverbs 16:33 We may throw the dice, but the Lord determines how they fall.  (Hebrew term for this is casting lots.)
 
My Thoughts
In the bible casting lots is mentioned 77 times... 70 times in the Old Testament and 7 in the new testament.  Casting lots was used to divide land fairly and it was used to determine God's will in a situation. They even casted lots or "rolled the dice" to determine who got Jesus' clothes at the cross. 
 
Here it tells us that we may throw the dice, but the Lord determines how they fall. Another words we can go about making our plans...but God decided is they succeed or fail.  That tells me that even though I make decisions in my life, God is still in control.  It also tells me that no matter what somebody else plans for my life, God is still in control... how comforting. 
 
The Bible is full of "if and then" statements...if we do this, then God will do this for us.  In those statements God is telling us that in these situations I am giving you control over how the dice land.  If you do this thing that I ask of you I will bless you.  God is in control of how the dice land.    So we are never just lucky, what we see as luck is always the hand of God giving us a blessing.  Sometimes God just gives us a blessing... but sometimes God tells us... if you will do this your dice are going to land in your favor, I will make sure of it. 
 
We never need to go through our day thinking we are lucky or unlucky...we need to remember even when we take a gamble that God is in control. If our lives are going good we need to make sure and thank God for the blessing that He is giving us...if our lives are going bad we have an answer, it is written in the words of the Bible, we need to pick up that instruction book and find out how to make sure that God lands those dice on a favorable number.  When we do this God turns things around every time!

No comments: