I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, June 5, 2013

6.5.13

Acts 3:7-8  Then Peter took the lame  man by the right hand and helped him up.  And as he did the man's feet and ankles were instantly healed and strengthened. He jumped up, stood on his feet, and began to walk!  The, walking, leaping and praising God, he went into the temple with Peter and John.
 
My Thoughts
How often does God heal us today through modern medicine?  How often are we spared much pain because God sends us enough pain to know that we are sick and need surgery? How often does somebody we know have the opportunity to go to physical therapy where our bodies can be retrained to relearn what was lost during a sickness or an injury?  Yet do we leap and dance and praise God?  Do we thank him for the healing?  Do we give Him the credit?  So often we don't.
 
I imagine that the lame man's family were leaping with joy when he arrived home.  I bet he could not wait to tell them...but he went to the temple first to praise God.  Why he didn't even get to the temple before he started praising God. 
 
We are given so much. Yet we go about grumbling and complaining when we should be leaping and dancing!!  Each time we get well from a cold or the flu, each time we go into surgery and get to come home the same day!!  Think of that!!  When I was a little girl I was in the hospital for three days when I got my tonsils out...my daughter came home the very same day. When my step-sister had her gallbladder out she was in the hospital for days...a few short years later I went in that morning and was home by lunch time.  That alone was worth some dancing and praising!! We have knee replacements and hip replacements.  Stints for our arteries to keep us from having heart attacks and strokes. All of these wonderful things are miracles...wonderful miracles. Yet we forget to leap and dance and praise God.  Instead we come home complaining about any little thing that went wrong ... we didn't get a pillow when we wanted it...the nurse was having a bad day and didn't treat us just right.  We get so lost in our discomfort that we forget we have even had a miracle. We are so comfortable all the time that a bit of being uncomfortable makes us complain.  When it should be the other way around... our comfort should keep us leaping and praising!! 
 
We need to learn a lesson from this man...health is a wonderful thing...healing is a wonderful thing! Gifts from our wonderful Lord.  We don't need to ignore those wonderful gifts we need to get excited about them.  Treat them as wonderful as they are and go about leaping and praising God. 

No comments: