I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, June 4, 2013

6.4.13

Proverbs 16:20 Those who listen to instruction will prosper, those who trust in the Lord will be joyful.

My Thoughts
I am amazed over and over and over at how true this is!!  God is so good...His instructions are for our benefit.  Not to make us miserable of unhappy...not to give us rules to keep us busy.  But because He loves us so much that he is telling us...if you do this, this is what I am able bless you with.  I want to give you so much but I can't if it will harm you.  I can't because I love you and I can only do things for you that are loving.  I can only do things for you that you can handle safely.  So if you do these thing I will know that you are ready for these gifts.  It's like telling a child if you learn the rules of the road so you will be safe I will give you a car.  Because you love your child so much you can't give them a car unless they will be safe in that car. 
 
I love this part too...those who trust in the Lord will be joyful.  I learn it over and over and over again...I will be so glad when it sticks for me in every day in every situation. I can feel joy in any situation if I trust God completely with all my problems.  Why because I can give those situations to him and just live my life knowing that God will take care of me and any problem I have. 
 
As humans we tend to think that we can worry something into being better.  I even remember my mom getting mad at me as a pre-teen a few times when she though that I was not worrying enough about something.  I was actually taught to show concern that I must worry.  There is no way to be joyful when you are full of worry.  I am better at giving things over to God than I use to be...but I still have so far to go, so much to learn.  I need to at the least start talking to God when I minute I feel worry start to appear. If I would talk to God when through my worry my prayer life would increase for sure!!  Worry does not make things better of bring us joy. Trusting in God over worry does make things better and brings us great joy. I have got to learn to talk it out with God, not people. 
 
Today God's lesson to me was follow my instruction so that I can bless you and talk to me...give me your worries, trust me with them so that I can send down my joy on your life!!

No comments: