I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, June 24, 2013

6.24.13

Proverbs 17:24 Sensible people keep their eyes glued on wisdom, but a fool's eyes wander to the ends of the earth.
 
My Thoughts
Proverbs 2:6-8 tells us that God grants wisdom, from His mouth comes knowledge and understanding...and that He gives common sense to the honest. Above it tells us that we can look to all the world for answers... but that is foolish.  We must look to God for the answers. 
 
God knows the end from the beginning(Isaiah 46:10).  God knitted us together in our mother's wombs (Psalms 139:13). God created each of us with our own personality...He knows the answers to each of our individual problems.  God knows what we need.... When we search the earth for what we need we come back empty even after we have done what the world says will make us happy.  When we look to God for the answers, when we listen and do our part then we will have all that we need.  We may not have what the world says we need, but we will have what we truly need!!
 
I have found in the last few years that when I search God for my needs, when I search for answers in God's word I feel complete contentment.  When ever I feel like I am missing something I know that I have been looking in the wrong place, I have been looking to the world for answers.  Sometimes it takes me a few days to figure out that I have not looked to God for the wisdom I need...but I use to not look to God at all. I would try to please God without knowing what God wanted me to do.  I am getting better all the time.  The more that I know God's word, the more that I start out with the wisdom I need to face the world.  It is in those places where the wisdom is in my head and not dropped down into my heart that get me stuck every time.  But at least now I know where to turn..at least now I only wander in the darkness for a little bit at a time when I do wander.  At least now I know to keep studying because God will keep improving me until the day of Jesus' return (Philippians 1:6).  So I don't have to be afraid when  I mess up, I just have to confess my sin and ask forgiveness and know that God will send down His grace to help me grow, because I am His child!! 

No comments: