I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, June 22, 2013

6.22.13

Proverbs 17:22 A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person's strength.
 
My Thoughts
I was born again when I was nine  years old.  But growing up I was in Church only on and off.  When I grew up and had kids of my own I wanted to do better... but we went to Church on and off too.  Better than when I grew up...but not like we should either.  Up until three and a half years ago I would have read this verse and felt upset.  I would have said, "Sure a cheerful heart is good medicine...but I can not help that I have a broken spirit!"
 
What changed how I see this verse?? I learned how to have a relationship with God.  In all those years I didn't really understand how to grow in God, how to get to know God.  Then my son put a One Year Bible in my hand for a Christmas present. I started reading, and in that reading I begin to really, really know God.  Then I found some wonderful people that grew me, and taught me more and more and more.   Now I know how to be in control of a cheerful heart.  I let go and let God.  Sometimes I fall in that trap of a broken spirit...then I remember what I have learned these past three and a half years and I take control of my heart by giving all the things in my life over to God again. 
 
Every day that I pick up my Bible and renew my mind, I grow just a little..and a little more.  People around me said I have grown by leaps and bounds.  The key is to stay hungry for God.  When we do that everything else is added unto us!!  Including a happy heart!!

No comments: