I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, May 28, 2013

5.28.13

John 16:1-3 "I (Jesus) have told you these things, so that you won't abandon your faith.  For you will be expelled from the synagogues, and the time is coming when those who kill you will think they are doing a holy service for God.  This is because they have never known the Father or me.
 
My Thoughts
The disciples were facing certain death..here Jesus told them they would be killed. Yet he told these men not to abandon their faith for people that don't believe in Jesus.  Our faith in Jesus is believing that all things work together for the good for those who love the Lord (Romans 8:28).  If these men were facing certain death and they were not to let unbelievers shake or abandon their faith, we in our everyday lives don't need to let unbelievers shake our faith!! No matter how they might treat us, no matter what they  might say to us, we are to stand strong in our faith because we love the Lord!! 
 
When things happen now in my life that seem to test my faith, I will tell myself that I can stand strong because Jesus loves me!!  The deciples stood strong even facing death.  I am only facing a problem!!

No comments: