I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, May 14, 2013

5.14.13

Psalm 111:10 Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true wisdom.  All who obey his commandments will grow in wisdom. Praise Him forever!
 
My Thoughts
I love this!  God rewards us with wisdom if we obey his commandments!  If we do what is right, we will become wise! Isn't this wonderful! 
 
My grandmother did not finish High School.  I am not quite sure what grade she finished.  But she loved God with all her heart.  She knew the Bible...she knew all the stories of the Bible.  And she did her very best to do what God would have her do.  I loved sitting and talking with my grandmother, my MawMaw and the stories she told were amazing.  The wisdom that came out of her mouth would make your jaw drop.  Her wisdom didn't come from an education, it came from God.  God gave her such wisdom because she loved God and did what He asked her to do! 
 
An education is a wonderful thing!!  But wisdom is greater than an education.  Wisdom makes an education it's most useful. 
 
David was just a boy when He slayed Goliath... with an army of men standing behind him...all with an education in how to fight a battle...but David who had never fought in battle has wisdom that came straight from God.  David had God on his side.  With that wisdom he took off the kings armor and put down his sword, took his slingshot and killed a giant.  David knew that he could do all things with God on his side, David was wise enough not to fight with things he had not used before. David was just a boy but wiser than the whole army of Israel, young and old. Why? Because David obeyed God's commandments and God blessed him with wisdom. 
 
 

No comments: