I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, May 27, 2013

5.27.13

John 15:7 But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted!
 
My Thoughts
The more I read God's word the more this verse makes me smile.  And the more that I understand it!  When we hide God's word in our hearts so that we won't sin against Him  (Psalm 119:11) then what we ask for is in aline with God's word and we don't have to be told no.  When we love God with all of our heart we seek after him!! 
 
Remember when you were first falling in love.  You could not stand to be away from that person.  You wanted to know every detail of their lives!  You could listen for days on end almost without food. Everything that they said you wanted to hear.  You wanted to remember the important things and smile and the not so important things. You wanted to be a part of their lives...you wanted them to be a part of who you were.  That is how we need to treat our relationship with God.  We need to fall in love with Him, with His words.  We need to want to spend time each and every day with Him.  We need to want to do what would make Him Smile. 
 
God's word can only remain in us if we know it. And I mean truly know it.  I use to know what people told me about God's word.  There were  few verses that I knew, you know those verses that most everybody knows.  But those words were not in my heart not really.  I liked to believe they were...but they were more in my brain.  The more that I read God's word the more it drops down in my heart and becomes a part of who I am instead of a part of what I know.  We need to know Jesus enough that He is a part of who we are not a part of what you know!! 
 
I have a long way to go!!  The things of the world still get in my way sometimes.  There are verses that I don't quite understand yet but one day God will reveal the meaning to me. When He does it will drop down into my heart, because God will make sure that it does.  The more I know God the more my request line up with His will...and when that happens I always get a yes!!  Each time I am amazed!! 

No comments: