I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, May 25, 2013

5.25.13

Psalm 119:36-37 Give me and eagerness for your laws rather than a love for money! Turn my eyes from worthless things, and give me life through your word. 
 
My Thoughts
I love this verse!  I immediately thought of Jeremiah 29:11 when I read it.  Jeremiah 29:11 says  For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  We so get caught up in money. After all we need it to live...to eat, to have shelter...and then there are all those things to want. We can find ourselves working so hard to obtain enough money, and when we get there to that point that would be "enough" we find ourselves wanting more. 
 
But when we fix our eyes on God...when we are eager to spend time with God and please God, God will make sure that all that we need follows. God will make sure that we prosper and we have hope all the time.  God makes sure that our future is bright.  And you know what else.... God also cares about those things that delight us...it says so in Psalm 37:4 Take delight in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. 
 
Look God cares about our future, He cares if we are prosperous, He cares about the desires of our heart. When we love God all else follows!! And it is so much easier to spend time with God that it is to spend time in worry!!! 
 
 
 

No comments: