I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, May 15, 2013

5.15.13

Proverbs 15:13 A glad heart makes a happy face: a broken heart crushes the spirit.
 
My Thoughts
I love how knowing God makes my heart glad!  From the outside looking in my life has not changed that much, but my heart has!  The more I truly know God, by studying His word, and by prayer the more my heart is glad. I have all the things I had before, God was taking care of me all along.  But before I felt in fear all the time, so insecure. I have a husband that God gave me that loves me so very much, that would do anything in the world for my happiness and for my security, but I didn't always see that. My sweet husband didn't change I just was able to see him more clearly when God's love cleared my mind.  When I was not so close to God, the devil was able to get in and feed my mind with insecurity all the time.  God feeds my mind with love, God makes sure that I know that I am taken care of.  The more I know the Scripture the more I can use it to fight off the defeating thoughts Satin likes to put into our brains. Satin loves to break our hearts and he will do it  by overloading our brains with defeating thoughts.  God on the other hand lets us choose Him, He does not get in our face and in our brains demanding from us.  God gives us a choice and when we choose God we are showered with love and blessings.  When we choose God we are given strength to get through the bad times.  When we choose God we are never alone.  When we choose God our hearts are glad and our faces are happy. 

No comments: