I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, May 23, 2013

5.23.13

John 14:1 "Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me."
 
My Thoughts
Another words, "Don't worry We've got your back!!"  When we worry it shows a lack of faith that God does have our backs, that Jesus is setting there on the right hand of God praying constantly for us.  Jesus is praying for us when we forget to pray ourselves. 
 
It is so important that we take time to notice the things God does for us... to realize that all the good that happens in our lives is a gift straight from God.  From a smile across Wal-Mart from a stranger to surviving a complicated surgery...and all the good things in-between.  When we learn that these are all from God and we take time to notice them, and be thankful for them, the easier it is to give our troubles over to God.  When we realize that God cares about whether we eat, or have clothes on our backs.  When we realize that God cares about the desires of our hearts. Then we start to notice that He does make sure our needs are met...and he even gives us so many of our wants, then it is easy to not let our hearts be troubled, because it is ingrained in us that God is taking care of us. 
 
I challenge you today to notice the good in your day, and each time that there is good in your day to give God the credit, the glory for that good. 
 
As I was writing this last sentence I realized that each time we talk about the good in our lives and we know that it is from God we are giving God glory. On the other side of the same coin, each time we talk about the bad in our lives we are giving Satin glory.  I don't want to give Satin one bit of glory!! Do you?  I know you don't.  Spend your day recognizing the good!  Spend your day thanking God for all that you have!
 
 
 

No comments: