I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, May 21, 2013

5.21.13

Proverbs 15:28 The heart of the godly thinks carefully before speaking; the mouth of the wicked overflows with evil words.
 
My Thoughts
I love this verse.... the close I grow to good the more I see it happening in my life.  I have always tried to be sweet and kind...but I have had my moments.  Mostly when I was being a bit selfish.  Now when I think of saying something that feels selfish or the least bit unkind I hear the Holy Spirit saying, "I understand how you feel, but are those words going to be useful at all?"  Then I stop and think, "No they won't they will not be productive at all so there is no need in speaking them.  Be sweet and kind, Jeannie, focus on all that is good!"  Then I am able to move on and not dwell on something that didn't go my way.  I don't always listen...but I listen better all the time...and you know what?  My life just gets better and better and better. God only wants what is best for me so when I listen to Him speaking in my life my life just gets better!! 

No comments: