I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, January 9, 2014

1.9.14

Psalm 9:1 I will praise you Lord, with all my heart; I will tell you of all the marvelous things you have done.
My Thoughts
Just last night I asked God to help me learn how to pray better. Psalm 104 tells us to enter God's gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise. Here I am told just how to praise God. I am to tell Him of the marvelous things He has done. I praise God by noticing what He does, what He does for me, for my family, for my Church family, for my friends, for my country, for our earth.
I thought about being told about all that you have done. Could you imagine your spouse walking in and saying, "Look what you did today!! You ran to Walmart, you put the things away that you picked up. You emptied the dishwasher!! Look you washed off the cabinets and wash, dried, and folded a load of clothes, then you put them away. I see that you made the bed too! And on that quilt must have taken you forever to make... all that cutting and stacking the squares. Sewing them together...then laying it all out. You did all that and then you made this wonderful dinner for me. It must have taken you a while to peel the potatoes and carrots for the soup...when did you have time to shop for this dinner? Thank you!" Tomorrow I would be trying to do more that is for sure! God likes to know that we have noticed all of our wonderful gifts He has showered us with. It is also good for us to notice...then we become so aware of God that we learn to depend on Him even more.

God taught me so much in 2013.. I am so excited to see what I will learn in 2914!

No comments: